Sunday, October 23, 2005

Crawling Emptiness – The Suffering Continues

The mortal goddess had a very long talk with the mind doctor. Told him that she is okay but doctor was worried with all the issues she has been writing in her journal. Damn that doctor for being nosy. Must be the friend, reading the entries and relaying everything to the doctor. I hate them already.

She begged him to leave her alone. Doctor said that the mutual friend was also worried. They are worried for her. Once again, she’s wallowing in depression. It should be stopped. She has this tendency of overreacting over silly things. I wanted to speak up but she told me to stay put. I let her do her business with the doctor. The doctor wanted to see her on a regular basis again. She said no.

The call was indeed futile, as after hanging up the phone she went back sobbing. I have no idea why she is sad again. She has someone who loves her now. However, the situation scares her all the more. Having someone to love her that much is not something she is accustomed to. She quivers for the unknown impending doom. Although her overwhelming fear empowers me, I am not a bit happy about the whole thing.

She does feel alone. I tried to cheer her up although it is not of my nature to amuse people. However, I am obliged. She is the other me no matter how I hate the thought.

I wanted to go out and savor the chilling air. She complained of upset stomach. Her fault anyway. She has not been feeding her mortal body with normal food. Always crunching on what they call junk foods. The taste of it I abhor with passion. I can not stand another bite of those potato chips but the mortal loves it with all her heart.

We talked about her worries, predicaments and fears. She has nothing to be afraid of, I explained mutely. But she, being the obnoxious stubborn one that she is, insisted that everything is not all right. She has succumbed to the corner of darkness. She mused that emptiness creeps in her vein, not wanting to go away, not matter how hard she tries to shake it off.

I can not do this alone any longer. If she can not help her herself, who am I to do something for her? She needs to clear her mind. Although it may mean my weakening, I am willing to give in.

I never wanted her to be lonely. I, the ultimate temptress, can not bear the thought that my mortal half is shattering into pieces.

All these must end… but how?

The pain continues.

4 comments:

Unknown!!! said...

Hi...am fine.thanx..how about u?..ur posts are mystic!!!..
..Fiara has commented on u..check out the comments in my post with title (Abstract!!!! )
take care...bye...

X said...

oh gracious madame (which ever one of yer).....i havent been called HUUUUMAAAN since god knows how long.....ahahh, thank yer for visiting and commenting. though i almost missed it because i only look at my recent posts most of the time. wonderful that yer enjoyed my poems, these are dark times we live in and they are meant for the dark ones. i quote a favourite from my previous work, "when death becomes us, is it the end of the road? the soul lives forever, my precious, my immortal....."

~ sorrow x ~

X said...

having a joint poem at my blog, do visit and write someth if yer have the time ^^

X said...

tried to send yer the joint poem update but couldnt, could yer email me again? tx_xun@yahoo.com